The 2205827 from Loctite is a LOCTITE® HY 4090GY is a two component general purpose structural adhesive. It provides a very fast fixture at room temperature and it is designed to bond a variety of substrates including metals, most plastics and rubbers. LOCTITE® HY 4090GY provides good temperature and moisture resistance which also makes it suitable for applications in high temperature/humidity environments. The thixotropic nature makes it suitable for applications where good gap filling properties on rough and poorly fitting surfaces are required. It is a combination of an instant adhesive (cyanoacrylate) and structural adhesive (epoxy). It has a high viscosity and is off-white to light yellow gel. LOCTITE HY 4090GY is suitable for gaps up to 5mm and is resistant to vibration, shock loads and impacts. It is used for bonding plastic, bonding rubber, construction, direct bonding, edge bonding, exterior repairs, interior repairs and structural bonding.
- 50g quantity, dual cartridge adhesive, fixture time is 90sec tp 180sec
- High moisture and impact resistance, temperature resistance up to 300°F, high viscosity
- Low blooming, good UV resistance, fast cure even at low temperatures
- 1900 shear strength, etched aluminium (psi) and temperature range from -40°C to +150°C
- Delivers the strength of a structural adhesive with the speed of an instant adhesive
- Application method is dispense gun, manual dispensing
- Room temperature (ambient) cure, two component mix, 168hr full cure time, 5mm (0.197inch) gap fill
- Suitable for a variety of substrates including metals, most plastics and rubbers
- Physical form is gel and number of components is 2 part
- 2420 shear strength (block), grit blasted steel (psi) and 1100 shear strength, aluminium (psi)
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials. Warnings
May cause respiratory tract irritation, allergic skin reaction and skin irritation.