Nonidet® P-40 Substitute
Nonidet® P-40 Substitute is a non-ionic detergent that is provided for research purposes or as a 10% proteomic grade solution.
Proteomic Grade:DG001, DG002, DG501, DG514
Research Grade: 786-511, 786-512
Proteomic Grade Detergent Solutions
Many commercial grade detergents contain elevated levels of sulfhydryl o x idizing agents, pero x ides, salts and carbonyl compounds. The proteins that are isolated with these detergents are highly susceptible to contaminating pero x ides and carbonyls. The pero x ides will o x idize proteins and the carbonyl groups will form Schiff’s bases with the proteins that interfere with its structure.
G-Biosciences’ Proteomic Grade Detergent Solutions contain reduced pero x ides and carbonyl compounds. In addition, the detergents have less than 50µS conductivity. These detergents are offered as sterile, 10% aqueous solutions, sealed under inert gas, and are suitable for protein applications. These non-ionic detergents are suitable for isolating membrane-protein comple x es.
Other Proteomic Grade Detergent Solutions offered include: Triton® X-100 , Triton® X-114 , Brij® 35 , Brij® 58 , Tween® 20 and Tween® 80 . A variety pack is also available, perfect for trial and optimization. The pack contains one 10ml vial of all seven proteomic grade detergents, as well as one gram samples of one of our Zwitterionic detergents (CHAPS) and one of our non-detergent sulfobetaines (NDSB 201).
- Full Name: Nonylphenyl-polyethylene glycol
- Molecular Formula: C 15 H 24 O[C 2 H 4 O] n
- Molecular Weight: 573 (for n=8)
- Absorbance (254nm): 0.14 (0.05% w/v)
- Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): ~0.05-0.3mM (25ºC)
- Cloud Point: 76ºC
- Non-ionic detergent for solubilizing membrane proteins during isolation of membrane-protein comple x es
- Ultra low concentrations of contaminating pero x ides, aldehydes, salts and carbonyl compounds
Nonidet® P-40 Substitute, 1 Liter
This listing is for Each