Migrate to Gigabit Ethernet in a Cost-Effective Manner
Used in conjunction with lower cost 1000BASE-T switches, companies can take advantage of the high bandwidth Gigabit Ethernet offers without all of the higher costs.
's 1000BASE-T to SX/LX converters allow users to extend the bandwidth to those users outside the reach of the 1000BASE-T standard (up to 125 km). Features:
- Auto-Negotiation (802.3u) (Copper & Fiber) - Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link.
- Transparent Link Pass Through sends a link-loss signal over the fiber, instructing the remote converter to shut down the copper portthus notifying the end devicewhile maintaining the fiber link between the two converters.
- Automatic Link Restoration - 's converters will automatically re-establish link in all network conditions.
- Pause (IEEE 802.3xy) - Pause signaling is an IEEE feature that temporarily suspends data transmission between two devices in the event that one of the devices becomes overwhelmed.
- Remote Fault Detect (RFD) is a trouble shooting feature found on Gigabit Ethernet copper-to-fiber media converters. By enabling Remote Fault Detect on the remotely located media converter, the status of the fiber link will be monitored and any link failures will be reported back to the local converter. Should the remote converter lose its fiber RX signal, Remote Fault Detect will force the converter to shut down its fiber TX port. If Link Pass Though is enabled on both ends, then the copper ports will also be shut down to notify both end devices of the link failure.
Enable Remote Fault Detect on the remote device
- Local end-device will be notified of remote fiber RX loss
- Standards IEEE Std. 802.3ab and IEEE Std. 802.3z
- Fiber Optic Connector Specs
- Multimode Min TX PWR: -9.0 dBm
- Max TX PWR: -4.0 dBm
- RX Sensitivity: -17.0 dBm
- Max In PWR: -3.0 dBm
- Link Budget: 8.00 dB
- 6-position Switch SW1: Remote Fiber Fault Detect (Down=Enabled)
- SW2: Symmetric Pause
- SW3: Asymmetric Pause
- SW4: Transparent Link Pass Through (UP=Enabled)
- SW5: Fiber Auto-Negotiation (Down=Enabled)
- SW6: Loopback (Down=Enabled)
- Status LEDs PWR (Power): Steady green LED indicates connection to external AC power
- RXF (Fiber receive): Flashing LED indicates reception of data on fiber link
- LKF (Fiber link): Steady LED indicates fiber link connection
- RXC (Copper receive): Flashing LED indicates reception of data on copper link
- LKC (Copper link): Steady LED indicates copper link connection
- Dimensions Width: 3.25' [82 mm]
- Depth: 4.8' [122 mm]
- Height: 1.0' [25 mm]
- Power External AC/DC required; 12V DC, 1.5A; unregulated; standard
- Environment 0 50 C operating; 5% 95% humidity non-condensing; 0 10, 000 feet altitude
- Shipping Weight 2 lbs. [0.90 kg]
- Safety Compliance Wall Mount Power Supply: UL Listed, C-UL Listed (Canada)
- Regulatory Compliance FCC Class A, CISPR22/EN55022 Class A, EN55024, EN61000, CE Mark
- Warranty Lifetime
See other products in some related categories (click to browse):
Electronics, Computer & Photo > Computers & Accessories > Networking Products > Network & Communication > Transceivers/Media Converters