The Omnitron iConverter RS422/485 is a managed serial RS-422 and RS-485 to fiber converter that transmits serial protocol over fiber media. Fiber transmission extends serial signals up to 120km, and is immune from electrical and magnetic interference.
The RS422/485 is available with a single-mode, multimode or single-fiber transceiver. The serial port interface is available with either a DB-9 female connector or terminal block connector for field wiring.
The RS422/485 automatically detects the signal baud rate of connected Full-Duplex serial device, ranging from 110 to 921,600 baud. It also automatically adjusts to changes in the connected device's Full-Duplex baud rate during operation without reconfiguration or interruption of service.
Half-Duplex RS-485 and Full-Duplex RS-485 (sometimes referred to as Multipoint RS-422) operations are supported via a configurable baud rate DIP-switch to match the master/slave communication timing.
- Supports baud rates ranging from 110 to 921,600 baud
- Serial interface available as DB-9 or Terminal Block connector for field wiring
- Features built-in configurable terminators
- Features configurable baud rate for Half-Duplex RS-485 and Full-Duplex RS-485 operation
- Supports RTS and CTS controls
- Supports Point-to-Point Half and Full-Duplex, Multi- Point Full-Duplex, and either Head, Tail or Mid-Position
- Features remote Fiber Loopback DIP-switch for easy testing of fiber link, even during serial transmission
- Management is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- Modules are hot-swappable in 19-Module, 5-Module, 2-Module or 1-Module chassis
- Lifetime Warranty and free 24/7 Technical Support
See other products in some related categories (click to browse):
Electronics, Computer & Photo > Computers & Accessories > Networking Products > Network & Communication > Transceivers/Media Converters