Your specific Internet Gate model includes: Internet Connection (WAN) Features:
Local Network (LAN) Connection:
- ADSL ModemThe ADSL modem connects you via your Internet Service Provider to the Internet.
- Built-in Splitter Your ADSL modems comes with a built-in splitter, separating the data and voive traffic.
- DHCP ClientThe DHCP Client enables you to get the necessary network settings from your Internet Service provider (ISP) automatically. This makes the installation easier.
- PPPoE and PPPoAPPPoE support. Connect to your DSL provider using PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) or PPPoA (PPP over ATM), if your DSL provider uses this method.
- Dynamic DNS ClientDynamic DNS may be used if you have not received a static global IP address from your Internet service provider, but still want people on the Internet to easily find your network or servers.
- USB Interface Enables you to connect a single PC (i.e. a laptop comuter without Ethernet interface (USB 1.1 Ether-over-USB).
- DHCP ServerAutomatically assigns IP Addresses to computers, or other devices, connected to your local network.
- Wireless Your model has support for 802.11b in the form of a CF-reader for wireless CF-cards. The user can decide whether to include an 802.11b card at the time of purchase or to upgrade at later date.
- Router Based Firewall The built-in firewall protects your computer or local network from unauthorised access. The firewall uses packet filtering, stateful inspection and application proxies together with address translation to protect your PC or local network.
- Powerfull Firewall AdministrationUse the easy-to-use web interface to administrate your firewall. Advanced users may manually add support for applications, open up specifice port ranges or even edit the rules controling the firewall.
- Selectable Firewall TightnessEasy change between security profiles with a single keystroke.?The Internet connection can be blocked, set to Hi, Lo or Alternative security configurations.
- VPN Pass throughVirtual Private Networking (VPN) uses a public network (i.e. the Internet) to securely connect two different networks as if they were the same network. The Internet Gate supports VPN Pass through: Ipsec (ESP tunneling mode, one client), PPTP (one client), SSH.
Support for person-to-person communication:
- Front Panel The front panel gives you a presentation of the current status of the product and its connected networks.
- Keys and Display The front panel keys and display are useful for diagnostics and configuration.
- Web Configuration The built-in web server provides a ways to easily configure the product.
- Upgradable Firmware The Internet Gate runs on upgradable firmware which means that you easily can take advantage of new feauters in coming firmware releases.
- Auto login and Keep-aliveThese features prevent operators from timing out your Internet connection when it is not used. You enter your log in details (if any) once in the IX66 web interface and the connection is kept alive by accessing an Internet site at regular intervals.
- Advanced logging Logging of all system events. The firewall log gives you an opportunity to see what packets that has been treated by the firewall and what actions that has been taken. The logs can be sent to an external syslog server.
- Email NotificationGet a notification on the display when new email messages arrives to your mail box.
- SIP Support With support for SIP, you can communicate using telephony, presence, instant messaging, voice and video applications all the way into your private local network and still being protected by a vigorous firewall.
- SIP ServerIf you have a registered domain name you may use the Internet Gate as a SIP server for that domain. With a DNS record pointing to the SIP server, all registered SIP users can be globally reached with the user's SIP address.
- SIP Routing A number dilling plan or emergency call routing can easily be set up.
See other products in some related categories (click to browse):
Telephony, PBX & VoIP > VoIP Hardware