The Cisco® CSS 11500 Series Content Services Switch is a market-leading compact platform, delivering the richest Layer 4 to 7 Application Delivery services in the data center.
The Cisco CSS 11500, with the award-winning Cisco Web Network Services (WebNS) Software, is specifically designed to provide robust application delivery (Layer 4 to 7) services for Internet and intranet data centers in six key areas:
- It introduces an intelligent, distributed architecture to help organizations meet the real-world scaling requirements of today's application infrastructure.
- It improves application and site availability and transaction integrity by introducing Adaptive Session Redundancy (ASR), an industry standard in stateful failover.
- It delivers the greatest flexibility of any content switch in its class for customizing combinations of ports, performance, and services.
- It scales secured application transaction performance through support of an integrated, high-capacity Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) module. Off-loading SSL onto the network improves the overall performance of the web and application server enabling better application performance.
- It provides an integrated high-capacity web application (Hypertext Transfer Protocol, HTTP) compression module. Web application (HTTP) compression improves application response time by 20 to 50%, off-load the compression from the server, which reduces server workload, and decreases the traffic traversing wide area networks (WANs), which reduces bandwidth requirements and improves overall application response times; improving productivity.
- The Cisco CSS modular design protects investments by enabling upgrades of performance, ports, and services to meet your current and future application demands.
See other products in some related categories (click to browse):
Electronics, Computer & Photo > Computers & Accessories > Networking Products > Network & Communication > Routing/Switching Devices > Switches & Bridges